Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 3-4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork butt
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (plus extra for serving)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim any excess fat from the pork shoulder or butt and cut it into a few large chunks.
- In a bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork chunks, ensuring they are well coated.
- Set your Instant Pot to the "Sauté" function and heat a little oil.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they're softened.
- Add the spiced pork chunks and sear them on all sides for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and BBQ sauce. Give everything a good stir.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, making sure the steam release valve is set to the "Sealing" position.
- Cancel the "Sauté" mode and select the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" setting. Set the timer to 60 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow for a natural release for about 15-20 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the pork chunks from the Instant Pot and place them in a large bowl.
- Use two forks to shred the pork into pulled pork pieces.
- If desired, pour some of the cooking liquid from the Instant Pot over the shredded pork for extra flavor and moisture.
- Serve the pulled pork on buns with extra BBQ sauce for topping.
Note: You can adjust the seasonings and BBQ sauce quantity to suit your taste preferences.
This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe allows you to create tender and flavorful pulled pork with minimal effort, making it an excellent option for enjoying delicious meals during your RV travels.