Return Policy & Warrenty
KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS
Last updated OCT 02, 2020
KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES (“KAB”) ebikes (the “ebike”), and their individual Covered Components (as defined herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship 30 DAYS after the date of a qualifying purchase (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to United States ebike purchases (purchases in Canada and the European Union shall be subject to their respective warranty terms) and in accordance with the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an ebike purchased from KAB’s online or physical storefront is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the ebike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the ebike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the ebike.
- The Limited Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of a defective lithium ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness and LCD display. (each a “Covered Component”).
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, KAB will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by KAB that is not an ebike.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN EBIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF KAB.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but KAB will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify KAB of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within thirty (30) days of your receipt of the ebike;
- Provide KAB with a dated pictures/video of the damaged Covered Component;
- After consideration of damage, KAB my ask customer to utilize a local bike shop of their choosing for repair. KAB will ship replacement part directly to customer. KAB will reimburse up to 3 billable hours at $30 an hour for one occurrence. Customer will have 45 days to repair the unit and submit claims for reimbursement. Customer will be liable for any charges over $90 unless a written exception has been made. Customer must supply receipt of repair and email with in the 30 days to Orders@kingkracken.com with your repair ID.
- In an event of total destruction during shipping and we KAB determines the bike is in unusable state, we will supply a return shipping tag and replace the unit with in 30 days. If KAB is unable to replace the unit within 30 days of shipping receipt, customer is eligible for a refund minus shipping expenses for return of product.
Shipping damage claims are very time sensitive and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the ebike for damage upon receipt.
Credit Card Chargebacks:
If any ebike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the ebike, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
CLAIMS PROCESS: 30 Day Warranty
KAB WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the KAB Support team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-424-0055. The Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your ebike to identify potential simple fixes to get you back on the road.
- If the Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, Customer can exercise their 30-day warranty claim. Warranty claims can be exercised at any local bike shop chosen by customer.
- KAB will cover repairs up to 3 hours at $30 a billable hours per hour to be reimbursed to the customer. Customer must provide via email a copy of the receipt in order to be reimbursed to Orders@kingkracken.com referencing your RMA number. Credit will be provided in 3-5 business days and refunded back to customers credit card used in original purchase.
Demo, Refurbished or Open Box
All Demo, Refurbished or Open Boxes units are sold as is with no warranty. These bikes my not be returned for any reason. Customer is responsible to checking the unit on time of face to face purchase.
We cannot guarantee that we will accept returns that have not been authorized by us. This guarantee is limited to one refund on one product per customer. No refunds will ever be given after 30 days from the original delivery date.
The 30 day satisfaction guarantee states that if you purchased the product directly from KAB, then for the first 30 days after the original delivery date of your order, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the purchase and you have not broken the seal or removed the product from the original packaging, then you may contact us at Orders@Kingkracken.com to obtain a return authorization number and shipping instructions.
Once the product has been returned to us and has been ascertained to be complete (including the “original sealed” product box, with the unit in its original packing materials) and undamaged. Your purchase price, less shipping and handling, will be refunded to you. We do not refund any shipping costs.
The pre-order process is a custom made to order options where customer agrees to wait a period of 90 – 180 days for production and delivery. If KAB is unable to deliver the agreed bike/s with in 180 days, customer may request a full refund. No refunds will be given under the 180 day time period.
Jupiter Bike Policy
All Jupiter Bike products carry a 30 day guarantee*1 and are covered by a 30 day manufacturer's warranty*2.
We may elect to not accept or authorize return of products that are not in their unopened, original packaging, or have been altered or modified with third-party or aftermarket parts or components. Any unauthorized returns may be treated as unwarranted requests.
*1 The 30 day satisfaction guarantee states that if you purchased the product directly from KrackenAdventureBikes.com, then for the first 30 days after the original delivery date of your order, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the purchase and you have not broken the seal or removed the product from the original packaging, then you may contact us at Orders@Kingkracken.com to obtain a return authorization number and shipping instructions.
Once the product has been returned to us and has been ascertained to be complete (including the “original sealed” product box, with the unit in its original packing materials) and undamaged. Your purchase price, less shipping and handling, will be refunded to you. We do not refund any shipping costs, and we may have to charge you extra if your original real shipment costs were greater than our invoiced amount. Note that if the product is defective, you may either request a refund or an exchange (per our 30 day warranty).
We cannot guarantee that we will accept returns that have not been authorized by us. This guarantee is limited to one refund on one product per customer. No refunds will ever be given after 90 days from the original delivery date.
*2 The 30 day manufacturer's warranty states that, for JUPTERBIKE Electric Bikes, parts and components, if the product fails in normal use (with no "customer-induced failure" and no customer changes or modifications to the product) within the first 30 days of ownership, then we will refund or replace it (at our option) at no charge to you except for your cost of shipping it to us. International orders must pay shipping, handling, and any import or export related expenses for both directions of the shipment. For most U.S. orders, there are no shipping charges for the shipment of the replacement to the customer on warranted product, if ground shipping is selected.
Please contact us to obtain a return authorization number and shipping instructions, and to determine if this warranty applies to your case. We cannot accept returns that have not been authorized by us.
Please note: We never warrant JUPITERBIKE products with electronic or mechanical components that have been modified or altered, or replaced with third-party parts, or products that show any signs of misuse.
Refund and replacement are your only remedies under our warranty.
Your only remedy under our warranty is the above mentioned refund (30 day satisfaction guarantee) or the replacement (30 day warranty) of your eligible Kracken Adventure Bike/Jupiter Bike product as described above. Neither this warranty nor any other warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, shall extend beyond the 30 day warranty period.
Under no circumstances shall Kracken Electric Bikes be liable for any special incidental, indirect or punitive damages or for any consequential damages, even if Kracken Adventure Bikes knows or is informed that such damages are possible.
If you purchased a Demo bike at a show.
Many time we sell discount demo bikes at the show. All bikes are in AS-IS condition and sold with no warranty. No returns or exchanges will be given for any used as-is bikes sold. Many time we will assemble "NEW" units and sell them as "NEW" demo units. These units clearly were taken out of the box, assembled and sold as new. Even though it's a new unit, this unit will be treated as a Demo bike and not allowed to be returned. Used demo units will be sold as "USED" demo units and also not able to be returned.
If you have purchased any of the new 750 motor defiant models at one of our shows or online. These are made to order and can take 3-4 months for production and shipping. Because these are made to order, you may not cancel your order during production or shipping of this product. No refunds will be given during this time. Currently, the bikes are schedule to come in Late June. Once you have received your bike and still wish to return for a full refund you may according to our refund policy.
Limited warranty for trade show purchases.
If you purchased a Jupiter Bike at a trade show we offer a limited 7-day warranty from the date of purchase. This warranty claims agents missing or damaged parts in shipping or any factor defects only. All claims must be approved before your bike is shipped back. Customer maybe be responsible for shipping the bike to Jupiter Bike at their expense. Please contact Sales@jupiterbike.com for warranty claims.
Jupiter Care Plus.
If you purchased the Jupiter Care Plus plan you have a 2 year accidental warranty. You would still need to reach out to Sales@jupiterbike.com for any warranty claims. If you did not purchase the care plan at time of service you would not be eligible to take advantage of the extended warranty.
Kracken Adventure Bike are the distributor of Jupiter Bike and not held liable for any claims, issues, mishaps or malfunctions that cause bodily damage, injury to person/s or property damage. All claims need to be address directly with Jupiter Bike.
5600 Airport Blvd suite c, Tampa, FL 33634
Contact : 813-609-2453
To exercise your Jupiter Bike claim please visit https://www.jupiterbike.com/rmas