Last Modified Date : 2-1-24
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS
All Kracken Adventure Bikes ebikes (the “ebike”), and their individual Covered Components (as defined herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for 1 years, after the date of a qualifying purchase (the “Warranty Period”), and in accordance with the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an ebike purchased from Kracken Adventure Bikes or Authorized Dealer is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the ebike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the ebike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the ebike.
- All Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear components (including without limitation: tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes) are only covered from manufacturing defects, not from standard use and/or damage.
- Batteries under this warranty are only covered for 90 days.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Kracken Adventure Bikes will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- Labor Costs incurred during maintenance or repair of the ebike.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN EBIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES.
This Limited Warranty will be voided by any of the following:
- Failure to follow all directions or recommendations listed in the user manual.
- Cycling collision, accident or vehicle damage caused by careless parking
- Acts in violation of all applicable laws.
- DIY repairs on electronics.
- Abusive use the ebike in off-road terrain, mud, snow, water, sand, gravel and water.
- If the ebike is used as rental unit.
- Damages caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, flooding and other hazards.
- Rust and/or paint fading caused by heavy exposure to rain, hail, snow or direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Overloading beyond recommended capacity.
- Damages caused by nails, needles, broken glass, debris, sharp rocks or other foreign objects.
- If the ebike is used for stunts, jumping ramps, stairs or from elevated ramps or platforms.
- If the ebike is used in competitions or racing.
- If the ebike has been modified for any purposes on the motor, electrical system, suspension frame, and battery.
- Installation and use of other components not approved by the manufacturer.
- Damages resulted from improper care and handling.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE EBIKE, NOR SHALL KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.