KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES
Last updated MACH 02, 2021
1-YEAR MANUFACTURES WARRANTY
We may elect to not accept or authorize return of products that are not in their unopened, original packaging, or have been altered or modified with third-party or aftermarket parts or components. Any unauthorized returns may be treated as unwarranted requests.
At Kracken Adventure Bike's, we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and treating our riders like family. We promise to do our very best to help you resolve any issues or answer any questions you might have. The warranty terms below are to insure fair terms from our company yet does not mean we will not try and bend over backwards to make sure your fully satisfied. Give us a call any time with questions at 866-424-0055.
All KRAKCEN ADVENTURE bikes are covered under our 1 year manufacturer's all-inclusive warranty for the original owner against all manufacturing defects. (All Accessories and open box units are not covered by warranty service)
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by us that is not an ebike.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN EBIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKES.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but KAB will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify us of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within thirty (10) days of your receipt of the ebike;
- Provide KAB with a dated pictures/video of the damaged Covered Component.
- After consideration of damage, KAB my ask customer to utilize a local bike shop of their choosing for repair. KAB will ship replacement part directly to customer. KAB will reimburse up to 3 billable hours at $30 an hour for one occurrence. Customer will have 30 days to repair the unit and submit claims for reimbursement. Customer will be liable for any charges over $90 unless a written exception has been made. Customer must supply receipt of repair and email with in the 30 days to Orders@kingkracken.com.
- In an event of total destruction during shipping and we determines the bike is in unusable state, we will supply a return shipping tag and replace the unit with in 30 days. If we are unable to replace the unit within 30 days of shipping receipt, customer is eligible for a refund minus shipping expenses for return of product.
- Small service scratches caused by shipping are not considered damage to the bike. No refunds, returns or service can be offered due to scratches to any bike.
Shipping damage claims are very time sensitive and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the e-bike for damage upon receipt.
Credit Card Chargebacks:
If any ebike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the ebike, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
KAB WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the KAB Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-866-424-0055. The Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your ebike to identify potential simple fixes to get you back on the road.
- If the Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, Customer can exercise their 90-day warranty claim. Warranty claims can be exercised at any local bike shop chosen by customer.
- KAB will cover repairs up to 3 hours at $30 a billable hours per hour to be reimbursed to the customer. Customer must provide via email a copy of the receipt in order to be reimbursed to Orders@kingkracken.comreferencing your RMA number. Credit will be provided in 7-10 business days and refunded back to customers credit card used in original purchase.
Demo, Refurbished or Open Box
All Demo, Refurbished or Open Boxes units are sold as is with no warranty. These bikes my not be returned for any reason. Customer is responsible to checking the unit on time of face to face purchase.
We cannot guarantee that we will accept returns that have not been authorized by us. This guarantee is limited to one refund on one product per customer. No refunds will ever be given after 30 days from the original delivery date.
The pre-order process is a custom made to order options where customer agrees to wait a period of 90 – 180 days for production and delivery. If KAB is unable to deliver the agreed bike/s with in 180 days, customer may request a full refund. No refunds will be given under the 180-day time period.
Parts & Components
Original KRACKEN ADVENTURE BIKE parts & components are covered by a 90 day limited warranty.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1.Ordinary wear and tear not the result of defects in workmanship or materials. Wear and tear can be assessed by Kracken Adventure Bikes. Parts not typically covered include but are not limited to:
1.1 Brake Pads
1.6 Chain Rings
1.9 Parts compromised due to corrosion due to the elements (moisture, heat, etc).
1.10 Damage or deterioration of the surface finish, appearance, or aesthetics of the product.
1. Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress;
2. Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage
3. Product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible;
4. Ordinary wear and tear;
5. Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Himiway with the Products;
6. Defects or damage caused by assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual;
7. Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse or improper use of any electrical source;
8. Products used or purchased outside the United States.
9.1 In addition, with respect to the Battery, this Limited Warranty does not cover defects or damage;
9.2 Caused by charging by a battery charger not intended or appropriate for use with the Battery or the improper use of a battery charger;
9.3 Where any of the seals on the Battery are broken or show evidence of tampering;
9.4 Where the Battery has been used in equipment other than the Bike for which it is specified;
MUD MONSTER SPECIAL 1 YEAR WARRANTY
Available only to the Mud Monster. This warranty is ONLY offered if customers purchase the Mud Monster through KrackenAdventureBikes.com and is not offered though any retailer or distributor. Customers have the option to purchase a 1 year e-bike full coverage insurance from Markel Insurance and be reimbursed for the full amount. Customer have 30 days to purchase this insurance directly from Markel.com or by contacting their office at 800.236.2453. Once insurance is purchased please submit your receipt to Orders@kingkracken.com with your proof of purchase of your e-bike and we will refund you for the insurance. Please allow 5-7 business days for refund. All warranty and claims will be handled through Markel.
Riding any kind of bicycle comes with inherent risks and dangers that cannot be predicted or avoided. These dangers could result in a serious accident, injury, or death of the rider. It is the sole responsibility of the rider to become properly educated and prepared to ride safely. Once in possession of the bike, Kracken Adventure Bikes strongly encourages and recommends that all customers have a certified and reputable bicycle mechanic complete a full inspection of each component on the bicycle to ensure it is safe for operation. KAB eBikes makes no claims or guarantees that the brakes, battery, frame, motor, motor controller, LCD Display, electrical cables, electrical cable housings, fasteners, grips, fork, stem, shifters, headset, seat post, seat post clamp, handlebar stem clamp, saddle, wheel hubs, handlebars, spokes, rims, tires, tubes, derailleur, freewheel, cassette, throttle, kickstand, lights, reflectors, hardware, bottom bracket, or any other part or accessory, will be properly secured and adjusted upon arrival. Before every ride fully inspect your bicycle to ensure everything is secured and adjusted properly.
Under no circumstances is Kracken Adventure Bikes responsible for any damage resulting from damaged, defective, or improperly secured parts. This includes, but is not limited to, damage to personal property, personal injury, or death.